Signing up for Amazon Pay
Getting ready to use Amazon Pay requires just a few steps. In the following topics, you'll learn what you need to do in the following five areas:
- Before you start: Collect the information you'll need to register.
- Sign up: Register for your Amazon Payments Merchant account.
- Set up: Get your account information set up on the Seller Central website.
- Integrate: Get your website working with Amazon Pay.
Before you start
Amazon Pay is available for merchants with a U.S presence. You must have a U.S.-based street address, a U.S.-based bank account, a credit card associated with a U.S. street address, and a U.S.-based phone number.
If your business meets the above qualifications, you're all set to register for Amazon Pay.
Collect the information listed below before you start the registration process so you'll be ready to set up your account.
- Have a U.S.-based phone number for our registration service to contact you.
- Have a credit card (issued by a U.S.-based bank).
- Have a checking account with a U.S.-based bank (you can set this up after registration).
- Have your business taxpayer ID, EIN, or personal social security number available for the online tax document interview (you can set this up after registration).
After you gather the necessary information, follow these simple steps to sign up.
- Visit https://pay.amazon.com and click For merchants.
- Click the Sign Up option that is right for you — already using a cart or e-commerce provider, or not using a cart provider.
- Follow the prompts on the page to select your e-commerce provider and create your Seller Central account (if you selected that you have one). If you selected that you have no e-commerce provider, create your Seller Central account, which is also your Seller ID account.
Click the Go To Seller Central button to take you into the Seller Central website. Continue to the Configuration Tutorial.
For detailed information about integration with Amazon Pay, read the Configuring Amazon Payments for more details.
FAQ about Amazon Payments