Instructions And Guidelines To Logging Into Your UltraCart Account.
UltraCart is a Level 1 PCI Compliant Provider, which means our service is constantly tested to ensure we adhere to a rigorous protocol designed to protect the security and integrity of your store data. PCI compliant Security measures are stringent and are of the utmost importance to you and your customers. Let's review the login process in details to better understand how to minimize login issues.
Logging into your account:
The Primary login button is at the top right-hand side of the UltraCart Home Page (www.ultracart.com) and is Titled "Login" as shown below.
Dedicated Login URL
Clicking the login button will redirect you to: https://secure.ultracart.com/merchant/login.do
Dedicated login page
You can bookmark this page to jump straight to the login page.
There are four login credentials, three of which are required. The fourth is optional but highly recommended. They are:
Details about the login credentials:
- The Merchant ID is the account ID that was chosen upon the creation of the account. This ID cannot be changed.
- The Merchant ID is 5 characters or less and is comprised of letters and numbers only. It is not case sensitive.
- All users on your account will enter the same Merchant ID (MID) as the first login credential.
- The Login can be 1-20 characters in length, comprised of letters, numbers and/or the following special characters: (,!,@,#,$,%,^,&,*,)
- The Login credential is the unique identifier for each user accessing your account and should not be shared.
- The Login is case sensitive.
- The Password can be 8-25 characters in length, comprised of letters, numbers, and special characters.
- The Password is case sensitive.
ULTRASECURE CODE (optional)
- The UltraSecure Code is a 6 digit number that is generated using the Google Authenticator app, installed on a smart phone device.
- The code changes every 60 seconds. This reduces the likelihood of someone being able to access your account by obtaining your login credentials, short of also having direct access to your phone.
(***Implementing the UltraSecure Code to your login also has the benefit of eliminating the IP Address Activation step during the login process.)
THINGS YOU MAY ENCOUNTER DURING THE LOGIN PROCESS:
- Invalid login specified
- Incorrect credentials
- IP activation prompt
- IP Block
Invalid login Specific
Entering incorrect incorrect combination of the login credentials (Merchant ID, Login, Password) code will cause you to be redirected to a second login page (see image below).
On this login page you'll be presented with a message stating "incorrect login specified...." you will be presented with the credentials you entered on the previous login page.
Verify that these are correct, then re-enter your password and click the "Login" button at the bottom of the form.
If you are unsure of your password or believe that it has expired due to the 90 day expiration period, then you can reset your password by clicking the "reset password" button.
Reset Password Requirements
In order for the reset to work properly, you must enter the correct MERCHANT ID and LOGIN, otherwise the reset password will not be sent.
If you are unsure of your MerchantID & LOGIN, please contact Ultracart Support by calling 209-383-9870 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Clicking the Reset password button will display the following message at the top of the login screen:
- Password Reset is a two-step process: The first email received contains a link that when clicked will trigger a follow-up email with temporary password you will use to log into your account.
- If the password reset does not appear in your inbox within a few minutes, it may have been send to your spam folder or you may have provided the wrong user login ID. It's also likely that you have a different email address on file than you are expecting. In any of these cases, you should contact UltraCart Support for further assistance.
Check your inbox (and spam folder) for a message looking like this:
NOTE: Actual view will depend on your email client and other personalized settings but the incoming email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line will
have UltraCart - Password Reset Request followed by your merchant ID in square braces.
The body of the Reset Password Request message will have a link in the middle of the body text, like this:
Clicking on the reset password link will trigger a follow up message with the temporary password within.
Here's how the second email will appear in your inbox:
The body of the message will appear like this:
Go back to the login page and enter your login credentials along with the temporary password, then submit. Upon successful login you will first be presented with your current contact details (Name, Email, Phone Number). Update them if needed, then click the save button.
Now that you are logged into your account, the final step is to update the password to a permanent one of your choosing. To update your password, click on the "Your Preferences" button at the top of the page:
On the your preferences page you'll see a Password section containing two fields. Enter the password into the first field and re-enter (confirm) it in the second field. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Responding to an Unrecognized IP During the Login
If you encounter a prompt that states that "You are attempting to access ultracart.com from an unrecognized IP address." there are two distinct situations that can trigger this message:
- You're user is configured with the UltraSecure Password Token but you are failing to enter the current SecureCode on the initial login page.
- You're user is not configured with the UltraSecure Password Token, and you are either logging in form a new location or have not recently logged into your account (more than 5 days from previous successful login.)
In situation #1 you'll be presented with a login error like this:
If you encounter this message, you'll need to backup or navigate back to the initial login page: https://secure.ultracart.com
Then you'll need to re-enter your login credentials making sure to fill in all 4 login fields, with the 4th field entering the active 6 digit number within the Google Authenticator application at that moment.
In Situation #2 you'll be presented with a login error like this:
When you see this screen, click the "Email me a Verification Code".
NOTE: You must stay on the following screen prompting you to enter the Verification Code along with your Password.
IF you leave this page, you'll have to start the entire process over again!!!
Now, check your email client for the verification code that was emailed to you, the verification code will appear in the body of the email email like this:
Now you'll enter in the verification code in the first field and your password in the second field:
After carefully entering the activation and your password into the page, click the "Verify my Code" button.
After you are logged into the account, if you used a temporary password, please mouse over your MerchantID which appears above "Home" in the main menu, then click on "Your Preferences" :
On the Your preferences page, scroll down to the New Password section and enter your new password and confirm it. Then scroll down and click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Do you wish to never ever encounter the IP Activation step again and desire to eliminate the need to update your password every 90 days? If so, return to the "Your Preferences" page again and click the "Chain link" icon to the right of the OTP Serial Number field at the "UltraSecure One Time Password" section. There you'll see the 3 step instructions for implementing the UltraSecure One Time Password login process. This is the preferred option for both security and convenience. (If you don't prefer it, you can easily revert back to the original login process.
Click here for the 3 step instructions
Responding to an IP Block on your login:
If you encounter a problem logging into your account, an "IP Block" will be applied to your user login upon the 6th failed login attempt. You'll see the following note in the login page after the IP block is initiated:
"Your IP address has been blocked. An email was sent to the address on file.
Use the links in the email to remove the block. Please contact email@example.com
or 209-383-9870 for additional help."
UltraCart works hard to ensure your shopping cart has the highest availability possible. This includes preventing denial of service attacks. Sometimes this will result in a merchant's IP address being blocked, especially if there is a lot of web activity within a short period. We apologize for the inconvenience.
IP Block Email Notification with Removal Links
You will receive an automated email that will allow you to unblock your IP.
*If you still need support, please contact us via email and write 'IP Blocked' in the subject for higher priority routing."
When the IP block occurs, an email notification is sent to the email address on file for the user.
The email will have a subject of "UltraCart - Your IP has been Blocked" and will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org":
This email notification contains two hyperlinks to remove the IP block from your user login:
- The first one removes the IP block
- The second one removes the IP block AND then triggers a password reset email in a follow up email message.
*These self-service links allow you to immediately respond to an IP block without having to contact support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the FAQ question to reveal the Answer.
My browser no longer prefills the login fields. . Why not?
The "autocomplete= off” was implemented in June 2014 due to manditory PCI compliance.
I am using LastPass does UltraCart support LastPass?
I keep getting logged out almost immediately, certainly not after 15 minutes of inactivity, Why is this happening?
The login session is determined by a "session" cookie that UltraCart places on the browser upon successfully logging into the account. If the cookie is deleted then you'll be prompted to log in upon the next screen refresh/update. Check your browser to ensure that session cookies are enabled and that you whitelist any cookies from secure.ultracart.com. Also check your security/antivirus software, such as Norton, to ensure that you have whitelisted the UltraCart domain for the firewall and privacy settings. If the steps above do not resolve the issue, then check with your network administrator to see if you are using a proxy server and if so to exclude caching of the ultracart.com domain.
1. Please make sure your IP address isn't changing. Some hotels will round robin IP addresses among clients. Check ipchicken.com and refresh a bunch of times across a 5 minute window. See if IP is changing.
2. Beware of Safari. It does awful things with Session cookies. Try another browser if using Safari.
See the following for more about iCloud and safari login issues: iCloud Login Issues
UltraSecure OTP Tokens