The Privacy & Tracking tab is the configuration area for privacy and tracking for orders processing through the storefront host.
The Privacy & Tracking tab of the storefronts menu contains the following sub-tabs:
- Affiliate Networks
The Privacy sub-tab contains the following drop-down list options related to customer privacy:
- Show Privacy/Cookie Notice (drop-down list options → (All Customers, EEA Customers, Non-US Customers)
- Anonymize IP → (drop-down list options: (All Customers, EEA Customers, Non-US Customers)
- Disable Return Email → (drop-down list options: (All Customers, EEA Customers, Non-US Customers)
- Default Mailing List Off → (drop-down list options: (All Customers, EEA Customers, Non-US Customers)
- Exclude Purchase Bubble History → (drop-down list options: (All Customers, EEA Customers, Non-US Customers)
These settings allow you to comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more regarding CGPR see:
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
*Disclaimer: This is not legal advice. The General Data Protection Regulation is complex and each merchant should obtain legal advice to discover how the regulation applies to their specific business.
Configuring GDPR with specific tracking services
Besides the global GDPR compliance settings located int he Privacy tab, each of the separate tracking services configured in the "Google" And "Other" tabs to Privacy and Tracking will also have an Opt into configuration field:
The Opt in to can be applied to: (select one) Statistics / Prefernences / Marketing required for (select one) All Customers/ EEA Customers / Non-US Customers
You'll configure the Google related tracking and analytics tracking and conversion.
The following configuration options are available:
- Affiliate Network
- Analytics Experiments
- Tag Manager
- Trusted Stores
The Other sub-tab contains the following third-party tracking and conversion pixels options:
- Bing UET
- Commission Junction
- Facebook Analytics
- Facebook Offline Conversion
The Custom sub-tab contains two sections for configuring tracking pixels and scripts. These configuration sections can be for existing integrated tracking pixels or new ones that are not currently built into the "Other" sub-tab.
SECTION 1: Tracking HTML (20,000 character maximum) - injected into all non-receipt pages
The first configuration section is for non-receipt pages, so you'll configure analytic/tracking pixels or scripts that are not for the actual order conversion.
SECTION 2: Conversion HTML (20,000 character maximum) - injected into only the receipt page.
This section is for conversion pixels and scripts that fire off at the completion of the purchase and loading of the receipt.
UltraCart has advanced support for detecting traffic sent to your site from various affiliate networks and then firing only their conversion pixel on the receipt.
Please read this tutorial on how to configure the affiliate network pixel feature.
The advanced sub-tab contains the following settings:
- Conversion Pixel Only If Payment Successful (checkbox field)
- Override Continue Shopping URL (Enter the absolute URL you wish to assign to the "Continue Shopping" button in shopping cart)
- Override Catalog URL (Enter the absolute URL you wish to assign to the "Continue" button in receipt)
- Custom Thank you URL(Enter the absolute URL you wish to send the customer to instead of loading the default receipt page.)
- Default Currency Code
- Order Hash Secret Key (Same across all storefronts)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: I'm looking my upsell offers and would like to insert tracking snippet, but I don't see a way to access page outside of the body, how can I add my snippet?
Answer: UltraCart will insert the configured tracking script snippets into every page of the page. However, "Conversion pixels may only be placed into the receipt page tha tis loaded at the end of a purchase.